First Doctors Appointment

My OBGYN got me in pretty quickly after finding out I was pregnant.  I found out on December 26th and was able to get an appointment January 3rd.  The medical assistant escorted me to the back and took a urine sample which confirmed pregnancy and I sat in the room for a period of time before Dr. Kmak came in.  He asked some questions about my history, when my last period was and then took me to the back for an ultrasound.  The ultrasound was very quick and it did indicate there was a sac in my uterus and he could hear/see a heartbeat.  He had me come to his office and projected my due date at September 3rd but could not be sure and was not very warm and cozy with information or any education.  We would check in 4 weeks and have a dating ultrasound, genetic testing, and gender testing.  I could continue all activities I was doing and lead a normal life.  It was as if because I was a nurse I should know what to do even though I have never been a labor and delivery nurse.  Little did we know how quickly that would change....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyperemesis Gravidarum

First OB switch